Introducing… Knot & Grain’s Master Woodworker contest!
The Knot & Grain team is on the search to find the most bad-ass, creative, and talented woodworker of 2019. Everyone has a shot to win – regardless of how many Instagram followers, completed jobs, years of experience, or tools you have.
This Year’s Master Woodworker of 2019 Prompt:
Make Something Your Childhood Self Would Have Been Thrilled By!
This could be anything from a creative twist on a rubber band gun to a tree house to an outdoor bowling alley to a giant yard game – the sky is the limit!
This year’s First Place Winner will win the following*:
- Free Spot in our 2019 Knot & Grain Accelerator (information to be announced)
- One weekly feature on Knot & Grain’s Instagram for 10 months (that’s 40 tagged features on our IG!)
- One 60-minute Call with Knot & Grain’s founder to discuss social media/branding/marketing strategy
- BRAGGING RIGHTS
- Bragging rights as Knot & Grain’s Master Woodworker of 2019 – and waived entry fees for the following year
Our Second Place Winner will win: $300 value of Ecopoxy products, Torch Heated Branding Iron from Budget Branding Irons, $150 gift card to Brusso Hardware, 2-pack of Scorch Markers, $200 StickerMule gift card, one 30-minute call with Knot & Grain’s founder to discuss social media/branding/marketing strategy, two features on Knot & Grain’s Instagram, and waived entry fees for the following year’s contest*
Our Third Place Winner will win: $100 value of Ecopoxy products, Torch Heated Branding Iron from Budget Branding Irons, $50 gift card to Brusso Hardware, 1-pack of Scorch Markers, $100 StickerMule gift card, one 30-minute call with Knot & Grain’s founder to discuss social media/branding/marketing strategy, one feature on Knot & Grain’s Instagram, and waived entry fees for the following year’s contest*
ALL ENTRANTS will receive: 10% of all orders from Budget Branding Irons in 2019, a one-time 10% off coupon from Brusso Hardware, 15% off + FREE SHIPPING of all orders from Scorch Marker in 2019, a free Square Card reader, and a free month of FreshBooks*
*More prizes/sponsors to be announced in the next few coming weeks!
December 1st, 2018: Prompt/Official Rules Announced
January 1st, 2019: Applications Open
February 15th, 2019: Applications Due
March 1st, 2019: Knot & Grain’s Master Woodworker Announced
– Must be 18+ to enter
– Must reside in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom.
The Knot & Grain Master Woodworker Contest costs $45 USD to enter. Fees are non-refundable and are to be used for administrative/judging purposes the Knot & Grain team.
– You can submit a project you’ve created in the past, so long as it was built within the last two years.
– You will be required to submit 3 pictures and two videos of your creation in action/use.
– Wood must be used as the primary building material in your project.
– You will also be required to submit a picture of yourself standing next to your creation holding up a piece of paper that says “Knot & Grain Master Woodworker Contest 2019” so we can verify that it is your creation.
– The other components of the application (released January 1, 2019) will include a bio, link to your website/Instagram, location, and why you think you’re Knot & Grain’s Master Woodworker of 2019!
Interested? Apply here.